9 steps to buying your home
From the moment you decide to engage our mortgage and protection advice service we guide you through the journey. But it doesn’t end when you get the keys to your new home. When your initial mortgage product ends we can help you review your mortgage arrangements and help you once again to find an appropriate solution for your particular set of circumstances.
- We’ll meet to establish your objectives, borrowing potential, and plan budgets and costs.
- If you decide to proceed with us we then search the market for the most appropriate mortgage product for you.
- You look for, and find, your ideal home.
- Receive agreement in principle from mortgage lender.
- We meet again and, using the information gathered at the first meeting, decide which way to move forward and if appropriate, you make an offer.
- Agree together the next steps.
- We meet to complete your mortgage application once you’ve had an offer accepted.
- Choose a solicitor.
- Discuss and arrange mortgage survey, home buyer report and structural survey.
- Local searches undertaken by solicitor.
- Mortgage offer is issued to you by the lender, with a copy sent to your solicitor and to ourselves.
- Solicitor completes the legal work.
- Exchange contracts.
- Mortgage review.
If you’d like advice on mortgages and protection contact Sara Reed on 01983 535740 or email email@example.com.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some forms of Buy to Let Mortgages.
To understand the features and risks of a lifetime mortgage you should ask for a personalised illustration.