10 things you should know
Best practice suggests that if you are looking for a Financial Planner to help you with any financial service, from wealth management to retirement planning, there are ten things you should consider. Detailed below are the key questions you should ask along with Rouse Limited’s answer to each of them.
- 1. What experience do your Financial Planners or Financial Advisers have?
Our team of Financial Planners has more than 25 years’ experience working with clients across all areas of financial planning. Have a look at our About Us pages for further information on our financial expertise and experience.
- 2. What qualifications do your Financial Planners or Financial Advisers have?
Details regarding the qualifications each of our Financial Planners hold are included in their biographies in Meet the Team.
- 3. What financial services do you offer?
All of our financial services are defined on our Products and services page.
- 4. What is your approach to financial planning?
Rouse Limited believes that financial planning is about managing your money and maximising your investments so that you can achieve your life goals. We will work with you to guide you to help you identify those goals and achieve the life you have planned.
- 5. Will you be the only person working with me?
We have a great team of Chartered and Certified Financial Planner™ professionals and support staff at Rouse Limited. Should your Financial Planner be unavailable, a member of their team will be able to help. We hope that you will enjoy working with all of our team.
- 6. How will I pay for your financial services?
At Rouse Limited we offer mainly fee-based services. However, we don’t usually charge a fee for non-investment products as we would normally receive commission from the provider. This doesn’t mean our service is free though as you will still pay for our services indirectly through the product charges. Have a look at our Paying for our services page for more details.
- 7. How much does a financial services company typically charge?
This depends on the type of financial service that you are looking for: more detail can be found on our Paying for our services page.
- 8. Could anyone besides me benefit from your recommendations?
At Rouse Limited we can work with you as an individual but we are also very happy to work with couples, or to take into account whole family situations to help you all plan for your financial futures. Please talk to us about your whole situation, and we would be very happy to work with family members, or friends or partners if you would like to recommend us to them.
- 9. Have you ever been publically disciplined for any unlawful or unethical actions in your professional career?
None of our members of staff have ever been involved in any unlawful or unethical actions.
- 10. Can I have it in writing?
We always provide Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) approved documentation for all the advice that we give you as part of our best practice process.